I'm considering studying mod_Perl with the O'Reilly book "Programming Apache
Modules with Perl & C" . I've heard it's the only way to run Perl at
performance speeds comparable to other popular template-based technologies
such as JSP and ASP. However, as a Perl beginner it will be a steep learning
curve for me and I heard in the last digest that mod_Perl hosting is harder
to find than JSP, ASP etc. in which case I might be wasting my time.

My projects would typically involve small business online databases. If I'm
going to have trouble finding hosts it might be best to use JSP or ASP.
What's the current situation on this one?

Garry Heaton