On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Garry Heaton wrote:

> My projects would typically involve small business online databases. If I'm
> going to have trouble finding hosts it might be best to use JSP or ASP.
> What's the current situation on this one?

It is true that less hosts offer mod_perl hosting due to the potential
complexity involved in it. However, they are out there, and you just need
to find one good one.

I believe aplushosting.com and cwihosting.com have mod_perl. You can try
e-mailing their tech support to confirm it. If not, try searching
http://www.ispcheck.com/ for other webhosts.

As for selection of scripting language, mod_perl is probably the most
versatile language. But as you know, it is also one of the harder ones to
learn. If you just want to do simple database sites, PHP or ASP might be a
better choice as it would probably take you less time to learn.

-Philip Mak ([EMAIL PROTECTED])