hi,

        sorry for being so OT. The problem is showing up in a mod_perl app, but
it's certainly not related at all.

        Dealing with Spanish as we are, we always have problems with regexp,
uc() and lc(). I've found that on my dev box, just adding `use locale`
at least uc() and lc() would work allright (meaning ñ got changed into Ñ
properly).

        Now I've built a customer's machine with a newer distro and my uc() is
broken where it was working.

        The dev        box has RHLinux 6.1 and perl 5.005_03-6
        The customer's box has RHLinux 6.2 and perl 5.005_03-10

        And the output of `locale` and `locale -a` is identical on both boxes.
Unluckily I'm not about to downgrade the box to 6.1 ... it's a complex
Compaq beast that doesn't like 6.1 ...

        Have you seen anything similar? have any pointers? flames? rants?

        Thanks!

martin