usually a default OS install does not have enough
available file handles for use as a webserver.

Consider using ulimit -n, and ndd or sysctl settings
for file descriptors.

On a busy site you may need to increase the hard limit
by also modifying the kernel FDMAX #define and rebuilding.

Or you might just be having leaky code ...

--
ActiveMessage - Targeted Email Marketing
Ask me for a free outbound email trial account!