Joshua Chamas wrote:

> Aaron Johnson wrote:
> >
> > I have tested other formats and they all work fine.
> > For some reason I can't upload binary files anymore.
> > There has been no change to the code for the pages that do the upload.
> >
> > The upload just hangs and never finishes.
> >
> > Apache 1.3.14
> > mod_perl 1.24_01
> > Apache::ASP 2.07
> > RH 6.1
> >

> binary upload of gif seem to work fine for me on:
>
> WinNT 4.0 SP6, Apache/1.3.12 (Win32) mod_perl/1.24_01-dev, perl 5.004_04
> Linux 2.2.14, Apache/1.3.14, modperl/1.24, perl 5.005_03
>
> I don't know if its relevant, but you might want to
> binmode the file handle that you are reading just
> in case.  Upgrade to the latest CGI.pm too, as that is
> what handles file uploads in Apache::ASP.  If that doesn't
> work, then see if older versions of CGI.pm work for you,
> then the bug is in there.

It was only a 19K doc I was testing with so I doubt it was a size issue and
yes as my tense indicates the problem has been solved.
I updated to the CGI pm and and all is well.
I was shocked to see that I had version 2.56 still installed on that server.

Upgraded to 2.74 and all seems to be well.

Is there a minimum version requirement for CGI in conjunction with
Apache::ASP?

Thanks for the help.

Aaron Johnson