Philip Mak wrote:

> Examination of the error_log after I restart it only shows:
>
> [Fri Jan 19 04:44:27 2001] [error] [asp] [4941] [WARN] redefinition of
> subroutine Apache::ASP::Compiles::_tmp_global_asa::display_footer at
> Apache::ASP::Compiles::_tmp_global_asa::_home_sakura_linazel_index_ssixINL,
> originally defined at
> Apache::ASP::Compiles::_tmp_global_asa::_home_sakura_linazel_reasons_aspxINL

This has nothing to do with crashing.

This warning says that you have a sub display_footer {} definition
in both index.ssi & reasons.asp, one of which overrides the other
depending on the order of compilation.  The real fix I think is to
not have subs defined in ASP scripts, and move them to a real
perl package, or global.asa which serves as a package in the
namespace as your scripts.

Another fix is to have UniquePackages turned on so each scripts
has its own package namespace, but then scripts can't share perl
globals with each other and global.asa, making some things harder.

--Josh

NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring   Huntington Beach, CA  USA