* at 30/01 14:01 +0000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> >Sadly thats not the case. XSLT is not well suited to the task of
> >outputting text documents. It has no facilities for doing things like page
> >widths, indenting, bullet points, etc, for plain text. I have tried this,
> >with the source of the digests being in XHTML, but its harder than it
> >first sounds. You really need to convert to a text format that does have
> >all of these features, such as *roff...
>
> Could XSLT output POD ? (or originate in pod & use pod::xml ?)
>
> Then use Pod::Text to format it ?

er, this is just some off the top of my head stuff but i seem to
recall that axkit can use the template toolkit and that the template
toolkit has assorted text formatting plugins so could something not be
done via this?

(i should say that i've not used axkit or the relevant plugins but i
do recall seing something about using TT with axkit at YAPC::Europe
last year)

struan

--
Struan Donald