I have a slightly different twist on this question. We run Registry scripts on
our site for debugging purposes. I would love to have a module for saving
variables/data structures on a per-request basis (like the current Apache
notes), but internally using pnotes under mod_perl, and some other mechanism
(package vars like I'm using now?) under everything else. The purpose of this
being so that I could have a nice interface for per-request data that I could
pass between different (non-OO) modules. This sounds vaguely familiar to what
you did Barry. Can you elaborate a little?

--
Drew Taylor
Software Engineer