Drew Taylor ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said something to this effect on 01/30/2001:
> I have a slightly different twist on this question. We run Registry
> scripts on our site for debugging purposes. I would love to have a
> module for saving variables/data structures on a per-request basis
> (like the current Apache notes), but internally using pnotes under
> mod_perl, and some other mechanism (package vars like I'm using
> now?) under everything else. The purpose of this being so that I
> could have a nice interface for per-request data that I could pass
> between different (non-OO) modules. This sounds vaguely familiar to
> what you did Barry. Can you elaborate a little?

Hey, wait, now we're talking about Apache::Session. In the perldoc for
Apache::Session, see in particular the section titled "Sharing data
between Apache processes"; it's almost exactly what you're asking for,
except the storage location is arbitrary (and can be transparently
moved around).

(darren)

--
If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil.
But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an