Christian, Geoff, et al,

I was not aware of the Apache::ModuleConfig setup, thanks for the
pointer.

According to chapter 8, p388, the setup requires configuring the
Makefile.PL so it will create an .xs file and compile it as part of the
make process. The module must be loaded into Apache via a PerlModule
statement, but it does not require a rebuild of Apache or mod_perl. Is
that about right?

In my case, I would gain the ability to list the directives explicitly
inside the Dierctory container (which I like). I would lose the ability
to change the config file without a restart of the server.
(Inconvenient, but not a show-stopper)

Thanks again for the info.

Charles

--
Dr. Charles J. Brabec  | I know now that there's one thing you've all
Web Systems Programmer | overlooked: intelligence and education that hasn't