Robert> By using relative *URLs* such as /some/location, you avoid changing
Robert> the location field in the browser window, which is often desired.  If
Robert> you use an absolute *URL*, the location field changes to the absolute
Robert> URL.

Actually, I'll disagree with that.  NEVER use internal redirects
(which you call "relative URLs" but that's another story) unless you
are fully understanding about WHY *I* say *NEVER*, in my strongest
language.

As a hint... are you willing to be responsible for how all the
relative URLs in the resulting document are treated, including all
documents called from there?

The problem is that the browser still thinks it got
"/foo/bar/fred.html", so if an internal redirect was performed to
"/abc/def/ghi.html" and it had a relative link to "../xyz.html", the
browser will fetch "/foo/xyz.html", not to the correct
"/abc/xyz.html", since the browser had no visibility to the /abc part
of that equation.

NEVER use internal redirects.

At least not until you understand why I say "NEVER".