On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Ime Smits wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a mod_perl backend listening on *:81 and a proxy in front of it
> listening on *:80, both using mod_vhost_alias configured with

I'm using  squid in httpd-accellerator mode on port 80.
And I have no problems with redirects and with any other specific things
in web sites programming process.
And in fact, squid eating less memory and cpu resources than apache proxy
module.

>     VirtualDocumentRoot /www/site/%0
>
> i.e. www.mydomain.com will have /www/site/www.mydomain.com as it's document
> root. The frontend has
>
> <IfModule !mod_perl.c>
>     RewriteEngine On
>     RewriteRule \.(jpg|png|swf|css|html|txt|cgi)$ - [last]
>     RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://%{HTTP_HOST}:81/$1 [proxy]
> </IfModule>
>
> Now this all works fine except when a client side redirect using meta
> http-equiv tags occurs, in which case the hostname part in the url holds a
> :81 suffix, effectively bypassing the proxy. Now, the problem is I cannot
> use ProxyPassReverse because it doesn't eat hostnames as its first argument.
>
> What's the advisable thing here? Should I consider hacking around in
> src/main/util_uri.c? Can this be fixed by a fixup handler (maybe replacing
> r->uri_components->port?) Or should I just drop mod_vhost_alias on the
> backend and start using perl sections to do a directory scan on /www/site
> and setup all my VirtualHosts that way? Has anybody done this before?
>
> Ime

Vasily Petrushin
+7 (095) 2508363
http://www.interfax.ru