Since today seems to be "The Day of the Off Topic(tm)", I thought I'd jump
in with my question.

Is there a event messaging framework available for Perl, similar to JMS?
I'd like to be able to have an object registered as a handler for certain
"events", and have perl code throw those events causing the object to be run
automatically (publish / subscribe model).

I could probably implement something like this to finish my project, but I'd
rather not do a one-off.  Does anyone know of anything that can accomodate
this functionality?  If I'm the first one trying to modularize this, what
features would you like to see?

Thank.

-man
Michael A Nachbaur