BigSofte> Dear Software Manufacturer:

I didn't know people still "manufacture" software.  I thought
only marketing "manufactured" things.

BigSofte> We can help you make it much easier to promote your software
BigSofte> on the Internet.

Yeah, that's already so terribly difficult.  I'm glad you're here to
help me!  Otherwise, I'd be limited to putting up a website, or maybe
starting a mailing list, or maybe having papers presented at
conferences, or submitting entries to Freshmeat, or maybe writing
books or columns, or possibly even word-of-mouth, or making sure my
website is parseable by Google, because that's where all my friends
use for searching.  Boy, I'm glad there's YET ANOTHER PROMOTION
MECHANISM!  Lemme guess... it consists of spamming unrelated mailing
lists!  Did I get it right?

"List your software with new feature-based search engine"

I think I'd rather list with a bug-based search engine, thank you.