Hello,

>From the mod_perl guide:

  syntax error at /dev/null line 1, near "line arguments:"
  Execution of /dev/null aborted due to compilation errors.
  parse: Undefined error: 0
  There is a chance that your /dev/null device is broken. Try:
  % sudo echo > /dev/null

This is exactly the problem I have been getting when starting Apache
mod_perl, however the suggested fix does not work for me. We're on a
HPUX 11 machine. Is there another way to solve this problem? As I
understand it, if /dev/null is being used as the $0 argument to the
handler, perhaps I could somehow explicitly set it to another (empty)
file? How would I go about that?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt