I Told You So <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd also appreciate knowing if the "set the env. variable before
> Apache run" approach (ie. PERL5LIB=/usr/lib/foo httpsd ...) works,
> or whether this is going to be blown out of the water by
> subsequent mod_perl versions (though this may be currently
> unknowable, or known by very few people).  :)

It works for me at least.  I'm PERL5LIB to keep several versions of
mod_perl's modules on the same system; the first one I installed
(mod_perl 1.21) installed itself under the default location
(/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Apache), and then when I needed to setup
another Apache with a more recent mod_perl, I prepared it with

perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.19/src DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 \
                  PREP_HTTPD=1 EVERYTHING=1 \
                  LIB=/usr/local/new-apache/perl-lib

and then I added the line
   PERL5LIB=/usr/local/ssl-apache/perl-lib ; export PERL5LIB
to /usr/local/new-apache/bin/apachectl

Looking at /perl-status's Modules page, @INC looks good.

--
Roger Espel Llima, [EMAIL PROTECTED]