clayton cottingham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Matthew Kennedy wrote:
> >
> > On 17 Apr 2001 18:24:43 -0700, clayton wrote:
> > >
> > > i wanted a good benchmark for postgres and mysql
> > > {i hope to transpose the sql properly!}
> > >

> > This is a good comparison of MySQL and PostgreSQL 7.0:
> >
> > "Open Source Databases: As The Tables Turn" --
> > http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20001112.php3
>

> very nice not all the info i was looking for but some solid answers

Do go through all the answers since there were some extreme flaws in
the tests (as always!) and there were issues in MySQL that were fixed.
I don't know if the tests were eventually run against MySQL 3.23.

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com