Hello All,

I apologize if this is in a FAQ somewhere.

I have a script, lets call it test.pl.  Test.pl requires in config.pl.

Test.pl uses variables (via use vars) from config.pl.  These variables are
defined and given values in config.pl.  AFter the first usage of test.pl,
the variables we are pulling in from config.pl no longer have values.  So
it's something like this:

config.pl>>>>>>>

use vars ($G_ROOTPATH);
$G_ROOTPATH = "/home/warren";

<<<<<<config.pl

test.pl>>>>>>>

require config.pl;

use vars ($G_ROOTPATH);
# at this point, G_ROOTPATH is inherited from config.pl and has the value of
/home/warren

<<<<<<<<test.pl

On the first run of the script G_ROOTPATH in test.pl has the value of
home/warren...  subsequent runs, it does not.

I'm a little confused as to exact ways modperl handles global variables.
Anyone have a simple tweak for this? Or do I have to make a config package?

Thanks in advance!