On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 12:21:33AM +0200, Robin Berjon wrote:
> At 17:17 28/04/2001 -0500, will trillich wrote:
> >so i guess what you're saying is, some browsers look for
> >a "redirect:" header and then charge off to the new location
> >without handling any "set-cookie:" headers in the meantime?
>
> Precisely. And some also don't report the cookie before the second page
> after the redirect (presumably because they consider it to be the same
> request). I think that behaviour only happens with permanent redirects though.
>
> One thing that helps (often, not always) is to make sure that your
> Set-Cookie header is sent before the Location header of the redirect.

here's the code, direct from the modperl book, and downloaded in
person from modperl.com:

        package Apache::TicketAccess;

        use strict;
        use Apache::Constants qw(:common);
        use Apache::TicketTool ();

        sub handler {
                my $r = shift;
                my $ticketTool = Apache::TicketTool->new($r);
                my($result, $msg) = $ticketTool->verify_ticket($r);
                unless ($result) {
                        $r->log_reason($msg, $r->filename);
                        my $cookie = $ticketTool->make_return_address($r);
                        $r->err_headers_out->add('Set-Cookie' => $cookie);
                        return FORBIDDEN;
                }
                return OK;
        }

        1;
        __END__

i suppose i'd need to change

        return FORBIDDEN;

        print htmlheaders-including-meta-refresh, brief-html-stuff;
        return OK;

right?

--
don't visit this page. it's bad for you. take my expert word for it.
http://www.salon.com/people/col/pagl/2001/03/21/spring/index1.html

[EMAIL PROTECTED]