Chris Strom wrote:

> [...]

even DURING a redirect? i seem to have hit a chord here, as
i'm getting lots of "me too" in my mailbox.

> You might simply try giving up the use of
> a cookie for this, and encode the return URL in a query string instead.
> This is guaranteed to work regardless of browser, but you'll have to pass
> this information between pages (a reasonable trade off for choosing to
> support silly browsers, I suppose).

something else i'm trying now is

        $r->set_handlers(PerlHandler => undef);
        $r->push_handlers( PerlHandler => sub { ...print "<meta http-equiv...

but THIS for some reason redirects the browser back to itself,
instead of to the login area. the protected area is "/protected"
and the login area is "/login" so the http-equiv tag looks like
but it cycles back to www.cannot-get-in.com/protected instead... !

this is bizarre enough i'm considering joining a monastery. at least
there, it's quiet.

--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.dontUthink.com/