I've been experimenting with what's possible in terms of having mod_perl
interface with a system of business logic rather than a relational
database. ie. I am try to find the find the mod_perl equivalent of
Java's EJB tier in the following:

    (web brower + servlets) <---> (ejb) <---> (relational dbms)

I've searched CPAN. Here are some better candidates:
RPC::PlClient/PlServer/Simple, XMLRPC/SOAP, CORBA::ORBit/Mico. The most
promising route seems to be a CORBA interface since such objects could
be easily used by other systems.

The feeling I'm left with is that although these could be used to
implement a middle tier, it ain't exactly the playground filled with
toys that J2EE has become. So I'm interested... Has anyone had success
with implementing a middle tier for mod_perl? What with? And how
successful was it?

Matthew