We use a server-setup with a mod_perl enabled backend server. The server
only runs mod_perl and mySQL for about 5 virtual hosts.

Our problem is that a syntax-error in a program used on only one virutal
host, causes an "internal server error" across all virtual hosts.
I suspect it's not possible to avoid this, but I would like to be sure.
Can anyone confirm this?

Another problem is that the solutions uses diffferent databases. That
means we end up with 5 ttimes as many open db handles as we have
mod_perl processes.
We have worked around this by merging all databases into a single one,
prefixing the table_names with the former db-names and using a simple
abstraction layer to access the database.

I would be very interested to hear how others have solved this problem (
without buying more servers ;-).

--
Med venlig hilsen

                                -Toem