On Thu, 3 May 2001, Stephen Anderson wrote:

> > Got a problem: About 250 of 1000 requests cause a segfault
> > (11) when using XML::Parser::parse() under mod_perl.

> There's (apparently) a known symbol conflict between XML::Parser 2.30 and
> Apache (which I only know because it happened to someone here just the other
> day). Drop down to 2.29 and it should work fine.

No success, I tried dropping the version down to 2.25, one by one.

I also tried completely removing the expat from the apache source tree.
The script still core dumps, but I found out that the same code as a
mod_perl .cgi does not - it happens only when done under Mason.

Someone reported to me that he has the same behaviour with Solaris
2.8 x86. He gets core dumps with XML::Parser::parse() under Mason, too,
but not without it.

I'll mail to Mason's developer about this. I'll let you know if the
problem gets solved.

        Oskari Ojala