On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 10:10:19AM -0500, John Saylor wrote:
> Perhaps this is obvious, or said somewhere that I haven't looked; but
> I'm having trouble figuring it out.

it feels like "everything is obvious to everyone but me" doesn't
it? :)

> What I want is for a certain directory tree to be behind an
> authorization handler; however, the content behind this directory tree
> consists of handlers and aliases. And the authentication handler isn't
> working with <location> directives.
>
> <location /foo*>
>   AuthName    "foo control"
>   AuthType    Basic
>   PerlAuthenHandler    Apache::OK
>   PerlAuthzHanlder    WW_authz
>   PerlSetVar    Mask    Geek
>   require    usermask    geeky
> </location>

presumably that's a typo: PerlAuthzHanlder ? (always a good idea
to cut and paste from the actual source or actual output.)

> I don't think it's even getting called.
>
> Do I need to push the code as a PerlChildInitHandler?

<not-being-an-expert>i wouldn't think so.</not-being-an-expert>

> Should I create the [empty] root directory in the htdocs tree as a place
> holder for a <directory> directive?

i tried that just to see, and it caused more trouble than it
solved...

> Is there some syntax error in my <location> block?

as is in your email, there is a typo: Hanlder ...

> Should it work OK [I cribbed most of it from the eagle book]?

i used the Apache::Ticket examples and learned that i needed to
modify them for my purposes, but it worked with <Location>
directives just fine, WITHOUT an empty directory to match. (in
fact, creating such an empty directory interfered in a big way.)

        # TICKET / COOKIE stuff
        # restricted area needing ticket access
        <Location /db>
                SetHandler perl-script

                # handle content-generation (if we get in)
                PerlHandler +My::Handler

                # arewe allowed in?
                PerlAccessHandler Apache::TicketAccess
                PerlSetVar TicketDomain   .testing-this-monster.com
                PerlSetVar TicketLogin http://www.testing-this-monster.com/login
        </Location>

        # TICKET server
        <Location /login>
                SetHandler perl-script
                PerlHandler +Apache::TicketMaster
                PerlSetVar TicketDomain   .testing-this-monster.com
                PerlSetVar TicketExpires  20
        </Location>

        # KEY server
        <Location /key.txt>
                <IfModule mod_access.c>
                        order allow,deny
                        allow from 192.168.1
                        allow from 127.0.0.1
                        deny from all
                </IfModule>
        </Location>

--
don't visit this page. it's bad for you. take my expert word for it.
http://www.salon.com/people/col/pagl/2001/03/21/spring/index1.html

[EMAIL PROTECTED]