> When I start getting this error, I can shutdown the httpd server, and the
> machine and it will still give this error. If I wait a while(sometimes
hours,
> sometimes days) it will come
> back. Sometimes it is a few hours. Sometimes it is days. I have installed
> Apache::DBI in hopes of a possible fix.

> The error I get is:
> Software error:
> Can't load
> '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for
> module DBD::Oracle: libclntsh.so.8.0: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm
line

When I see this problem, I automatically think, "Oh, the Oracle libs aren't
being located by the system."  Edit /etc/ld.so.conf and add the value of
$ORACLE_home/lib (the directory that has libclntsh.so.8 in it)
e.g.
/usr/local/oracle/8.1.5/lib

the run /sbin/ldconfig to update Linux's idea of where things are, and stop
and start the server.

ALSO, ensure that ORACLE_HOME is explicitly provided to your perl stuff:

in httpd.conf
PerlPassEnv ORACLE_HOME

THIS CAN BITE YOU! If your httpd startup script doesn't have the oracle
environment loaded, you may have to fix that as well:

at the beginning of /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd:

# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions <!-- original code -->

# Source Oracle environment <!-- you add these lines -->
ORAENV_ASK=NO
ORACLE_SID=stats
. /usr/local/bin/oraenv

# See how we were called. <!-- original code -->
case "$1" in

HTH!

L8r,
Rob