On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 07:51:05PM +0100, G.W. Haywood wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On 10 May 2001, qazi Ahmed wrote:
>
> > I dont have any idea regarding the clock skew detected error.
>
> In this case it just means that 'make' has noticed something odd about
> the various dates and times in your system.  It is very important for
> several reasons that you keep the computer clock as accurate as you
> can.  There are free utilities such as 'ntpd' to help you to do that.

Another source of trouble is compiling on an NFS mounted partition
where.  If the time or timezone on the server does not agree with the
time on the client you will end up with these problems.

I had to deal with this all the time when I used a NetApp Filer with
an old firmware that didn't support ntp..

--
Paul Lindner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]