I've got a weird problem.. I'm trying to get Helpdesk::Mail working on my
system.

Helpdesk::Mail has an "out of the book" handler based on Listing 5.6 in

        http://www.modperl.com/book/chapters/ch6.html

and the author says that nobody before me has reported a problem with it.

As I dug into the code, I found that $r->connection->user is returning an
empty string.  This is right after the call to $r->get_basic_auth_pw.

Any idea what might be wrong?

I'm running an RPM based linux (mostly redhat, with some other stuff) with
these rpms:

perl-5.6.1-6
apache-1.3.19-5v2
apache-mod_perl-1.25-4

The perl RPM and the apache-mod_perl RPM came from the PLD distribution (I've
also got email in to them).  The apache distribution was built by my partner.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.

PGP signature