Hi,

I'm using libapreq to do http file uploads, works just fine on my
Debian/unstable desktop system, running Apache 1.3.14, mod_perl 1.25.

When I use the exact same code to do the same on my RedHat 7.0 server,
running Apache 1.3.14, mod_perl 1.24 - the access_log shows that the
POST occurs, but the log_error() statements that I have in the handler
for the POST request aren't executed - and the browser gets redirected
to /, apparently after the upload occurs, since the browser hangs for
about that long.

Anyone know why this is?  The reason I'm using modperl 1.24 on the
RedHat system and 1.25 on the Debian system is that that is that 1.25 is
what debian's dselect gave me, and 1.24 on the RedHat system is what I
downloaded from CPAN.  Is this a known problem in 1.24?  If so, does
1.25 solve it for RedHat?

The HTML looks something like this:

<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<FORM METHOD="POST" ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" TARGET="main"
ACTION="areaj?pg=upload">
<TABLE>
<TR>
<TD>Select File:</TD>
<TD><INPUT TYPE="file" NAME="filename" SIZE=40 MAXLENGTH=200></TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD></TD>
<TD><INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="Upload" VALUE="Upload"></TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</FORM>
</BODY>

And showing the perl isn't really important, since it doesn't get
called.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks,

//Thomas