Gunther,

I have been interested in the concept of an HTML widget module for a while
now.  The reason being, my application currently generates all HTML using
CGI.pm in a mod_perl handler OO-style design, and we are starting to notice
patterns.. similar pieces of HTML that get generated over and over.
Needless to say, componentized, reusable widgets would be very useful for
us.

Though I can't make the commitment of writing it myself (if I did, it would
be about 6 months before you saw any code), I would definitely contribute to
it, if it existed.  And like you said, the hard part is getting people to
write the widget objects.

-Adi