> Hi there,
>
> On Tue, 29 May 2001, Jay Jacobs wrote:
>
> >   I've tried setting $r->content_type and even $r->filename to try and
get
> > the browser (ie 5 for now) to see it as a non-html file and "do the
> > right thing".
>
> IE is particularly fond of ignoring Content-type.  If the file is called
> something.html or something.htm I've found IE will treat it as html even
> if you say it's text/plain in Content-type.  Ugh.

no - that only happens when you supply text/* (and possibly image/*).  I've
had reasons to force internet explorer to do what I want (down, boy! :-) )
and after a bit of hassle, I usually can just by setting the content-type in
a way it likes (which is uslally compatible with the other browsers, too).

  Issac