Hi there,

Dou you mean other than http://perl.apache.org/guide?

> I realise some of the problems we incurred are self inflicted.

:)

> We are using Apache under the guise of IBM's websphere products on AIX
> 4.3.3 with RS6000 servers.

:(

> however our knowledge of Perl and C is extremely limited.

This is deep water for you, then.  Cheer up - it's easy when you know how.
But you *must* compile mod_perl and Perl with the same compiler.

> ANY help would be gratefully appreciated.

There are lots of references to mod_perl and AIX in the mod_perl Mailing List
archives - trawl through them for a while, it will save you lots of time.
Never used that platform myself, sorry.

73,
Ged.