On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 01:50:47PM -0400, Brian Reichert wrote:
> I hope I'm not barking up the wrong tree, but I could not find this
> in the archive.
>
> I could have _sworn_ that within the last several weeks, someone
> had posted here a URL to a document that described, in a handy way,
> information for web testers WRT the sorts of details they really
> need to supply to the developers to be useful.
>
> Ie. 'the web page gives me errors' is inadequate; real details are
> needed (browser version, what actions were taken, etc.).  (The
> document in question actually gave some background info as to why
> the details are helpful...)
>
> Does anyone know what I'm talking about?  Even if you can't recall
> such post to this list, a recommendation of such a document would
> be welcome.
>
> I know the details myself, and could write such a document, but
> this author had done a good job...
>
> Feel free to reply to me off-list, if you don't want to clog
> everyone's mailboxes...

i saw something recently (may not have been mod_perl) about what
statistics webmasters might find useful -- a whole bunch of
things to check for, measure by, etc. seems like it may even
have been a static web page Out There Somewhere.

of course, i can't find it either. damn web's too darn big.

#95: We are waking up and linking to each other. We are watching. But
we are not waiting.  -- www.cluetrain.com

[EMAIL PROTECTED]