Hi there,

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, [koi8-r] Константин Михайлов wrote:

> I'm not sure, may be my question is off topic.

Only parts of it!  There's an Embperl List too, check out the mod_perl
home page for the URL.

> Currently we are developing entirely mod_perl end user application using
> Embperl template system. Our customer has about 50-100 workstations and Sun
> Enterprise 250 w/ 512 MB RAM server.

You can quickly use 500MB RAM with a busy mod_perl server.  Keep an eye on
the size and number of the processes.  Perhaps think about something like
Apache::Resource or Apache::SizeLimit.

> we are decide use our reporting system from previously project. It was
> written on java and works good under Oracle Application Server 4.0.8. Now we
> decide port it under Apache JServ.

If you haven't already looked at it, you might want to look at Resin
(http://www.caucho.com) but I think it might have some problems.

> Is follow configuration optimal:
>       - one proxying Apache with mod_rewrite which serving static html and dispatch
>abilities
>       - plus another Apache mod_perl enabled
>       - plus another one Apache JServ enabled

If you're comfortable with the configuration aspects, there's no
reason to worry about having three Apaches, they're just processes.
It may make debugging (if you need to do it!) and tuning for
performance easier.  It may make reliability different.  Hmmm.

> Note: customer server are running Oracle 8.1.7 also. No other important
> services running on it.

Oracle gets pretty hungry at times too.

73,
Ged.