On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Mark Doyle wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > require will only happen once per perl process and since mod_perl
> > is essentially a single perl process, the file is only require'd
> > for the first request. You can get around this by deleting the file from
> > the %INC
> > hash which keeps track of which files you have loaded. Something like:
> >
> > BEGIN {
> >     delete $INC{'/foo/bar/query.pl'} if exists $INC{'/foo/bar/query.pl'};
> >     require '/foo/bar/query.pl';
> >   }
>
> Mark, your suggestion doesn't work because of BEGIN.

Ooops, gotta go to sleep. Your suggestion, Mark, will work :) but only in
Registry/PerlRun which executes BEGIN on every request.

Sorry about my previous post :(

But if you delete and reload the file on every request it defeats the
purpose of using mod_perl to some degree, depending on how many files you
force to reload and how big they are.

BTW, here is shorter version of your suggestion:

BEGIN { do '/foo/bar/query.pl'; }

> See the URL posted in my other reply for the explanation.

Still holds :)