On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Nenad Steric wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your answer, saved me days of probably fruitless fidling around with
>modperl.
> Your solution solved my problems (see "Sending Cookies on Page-Reload")
> the question remains if this violates some RFC's (or breaks some browsers),
> and if there is some other way - like faking that the file-date has changed.
> (i am not quite confortable with patching every new apache version again,
> or would it be a good idea to send this to the apache-guys ?)

i passed it along the same day:
http://hypermail.linklord.com/new-httpd/2001/Jun/0507.html

still awaiting response on my interpretation of the rfc, seems perfectly
valid to include the set-cookie header with a 304 response.

you could of course delete the if-modified-since header from headers_in,
but that would put an end to caching of those documents, something i'm
sure nobody wants todo.