Hello,

DM>i'm willing to accept a valid reason why set-cookie shouldn't be
DM>included in a 304 response, but i have yet to hear one.

For the record, I agree, and I agree that mod_perl should allow this.

>From a practical point of view, though, I've tended to avoid this
situation altogether in the past. There's just too many bugs out there in
caches and clients in dealing with 304s. I tend to assume that if the
client sees a 304, auxillary tags (e.g. Expires, cookies, etc.) will be
ignored. This reflects the unfortunate real-world state of affairs with
RFC noncompliance. My advice is to just try to sidestep this issue where
possible.

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Engineer                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101