will trillich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said something to this effect on 06/27/2001:
> okay -- but if you want some of your site to be indexed by the
> standard mod_autoindex, yet have mod_perl intervene for certain
> subtrees, you'll find that mod_perl never gets a chance at it
> because the mod_autoindex gadjets catch it at an earlier stage.
> i think.
>
> what stage would that happen to be? and how do we configure
> httpd.conf to Do What We Want?

No, mod_autoindex functions at the content generation stage (take
a look at the module declaration in mod_autoindex.c).

The best way to do it, I would say, is to catch directory
requests in the translation phase and push your handler
explicitly if the request is for a directory you want to handle.

(darren)

--
Whether you can hear it or not the Universe is laughing behind your back.