On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 08:52:10AM -0500, Adekunle Olonoh wrote:

>  > I found it, quite be accident in the Eagle Book
>  >
>  > Lost the page number, but it was in Chapter 4.
>
> There's some discussion in the last paragraph of page 86.
>

>  > anybody got a more specific pointer to help us fuzzy searchers
>  > find 'how to have mod_perl handle directory requests'?
>
> Hopefully this should be a pretty decent start:

> sub handler {

>      if ($r->content_type eq 'httpd/unix-directory') {

okay -- but if you want some of your site to be indexed by the
standard mod_autoindex, yet have mod_perl intervene for certain
subtrees, you'll find that mod_perl never gets a chance at it
because the mod_autoindex gadjets catch it at an earlier stage.
i think.

what stage would that happen to be? and how do we configure
httpd.conf to Do What We Want?

(i think, that if you disable mod_autoindex, that you can have
mod_perl handle directories just as you say. but there's some
magic involved in running BOTH mod_autoindex and having mod_perl
do a directory now and then. i think. maybe.)

--
I figure: if a man's gonna gamble, may as well do it
without plowing.   -- Bama Dillert, "Some Came Running"

[EMAIL PROTECTED]