From: Terry Moran
To: Geoffrey Young
Sent: 6/27/01 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: %ENV & push_handlers

Geoff:

    I really appreciate the help. I got a chance to play around some
more,
and it looks like this %ENV block is very specific to using
push_handlers,
and moreover that it's blocking pnotes & notes methods of the mod_perl
API
as well. I was thinking maybe it was a version thing, but I'm at
mod_perl
1.25, so that looks like it checks out. What I'm left with is getting a
work-around, and I have one. I'm just going to need to push_handler my
templating mod in order to give it the proper %ENV, or pnotes values (if
can find the time to translate into it that is, unfortunately an
important
part of design ;) ).
    Anyhow, I get the feeling that push_handlers is somehow acting as a
subrequest - which would explain all of this. Not that I've found that
documented. I really appreciate the background on this - thanks!!!

    Terry