I think you can do this job easly with Apache::SharedMem.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alberto Canzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 1:56 PM
Subject: I need help...

> Hi, I'm writing a perl module for Apache, but I have this problem:
>
> I need to allocate some memory that will persist for the entire apache
server's cycle of life. (That is: I need to allocate some memory at the
server's start that could be read and written by my module. In other words :
my module (that is called by server when it receives a request) should be
able to read and write some data to that memory area and at subsequent
request made to the server my module must have access to that data ...
> (Now the only solution I've found is to write that data to a file ... but
it isn't a good thing because of synchronizations problems...)

> I hope to have been clear enough ... and to have written to the right
e-address!