Hi, I'm writing a perl module for Apache, but I have this problem:

I need to allocate some memory that will persist for the entire apache server's cycle of life. (That is: I need to allocate some memory at the server's start that could be read and written by my module. In other words : my module (that is called by server when it receives a request) should be able to read and write some data to that memory area and at subsequent request made to the server my module must have access to that data ...
(Now the only solution I've found is to write that data to a file ... but it isn't a good thing because of synchronizations problems...)

I hope to have been clear enough ... and to have written to the right e-address!

--
Alberto Canzi
OpenFor s.r.l.