I'm stumped regarding some request object behavior in modperl, and after
searching the Guide, Google, and the list archives without success, I'm
hoping someone might offer another idea I could explore, or offer some
helpful diagnostic questions.

In a nutshell, my problem is that POSTed form key-value pairs are
intermittently not showing up in the request object inside my handler
subroutine.

I have a modperl-generated form:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="Tue, 01 Jan 1980 1:00:00 GMT">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<TITLE>...</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="postform">
<INPUT NAME="id" TYPE="HIDDEN" VALUE="123">
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Upon submission, the form data eventually flows to my PerlHandler...

sub handler {
    my $r = shift;
    my @argsarray = ($r->method eq 'POST' ? $r->content() : $r->args());
}

Now, if I examine (print) the form values retrieved from the request
object upon entry into this handler (*after* I load them into $args),
'id' is not present at all.  I must be missing something trivially
obvious to some of you.

This is running Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) mod_perl/1.25 mod_ssl/2.8.3
OpenSSL/0.9.6a.

Regards,
Ed Loehr