On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Ged Haywood wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Knox, Laurie A, NPONS wrote:
>
> >I read somewhere that there were potential problems when running
> >mod_perl and PHP together in Apache, but I haven't been able to find
> >that info again....  Is this an issue?
>
> I fear it is.  Lots of people seem to run into trouble with that
> combination, I think Doug is looking at it again right now.

i was looking into something related to directive handlers, and last time
i looked, the problem was not specific to php.  and of course, not a
problem unless you're using directive handlers.
the only other known problems i know of are:

- older php's did not pickup largefile flags from apxs, which is fixed now
if you use current 4.0.something

- php ships with its own mysql client, if you're using DBD::mysql, you
need to build php with configure --with-mysql=..., where ... is you system
mysql directory.