Hi, I am having trouble figuring out what is up with mod_perl.

I currently have apache 1.3.20 running on RH6.2, compiled with mod_ssl, mm
1.1.3 and DSO support enabled.

What is the method to install mod_perl?  Is it not already included with
apache 1.3.20?  I may have misunderstood this...

I have tried to install Apache::* via cpan, which asks me for my apache
source.  This would seem to indicate a reinstall of apache which Im not sure
I want to do.  Here's exactly what I tried, can someone tell me if this is
correct?

perl -MCPAN -e shell
install Apache (point it to the apache source below)
make openssl 2.9.6b
make mm 1.1.3
configure mod_ssl with --prefix=/apachessl, --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE, paths
to openssl and mm...
make certificate
make install...

Im not sure if this is what is needed or what.  Can someone please clue me
in?

Thanks,
Bryan