On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > What CGI.pm version are you using?
> > perl -MCGI -le 'print $CGI::VERSION'
>
> Version 3.02.  Is there a way to go back to an earlier version, if that
> will take care of this problem?  It was installed by either
> Bundle::CPAN or Bundle::Apache - I have installed both of these
> recently.

Not with CPAN.pm. Grab it manually from CPAN or just copy CGI.pm if you
still have it around (use 'locate')

> > i think I've seen the same problem with v 3.02 which unfortunately
> > gets installed by CPAN shell.
> >
> > In any case, when you have a problem with some test you should post
> > the output of the verbose run. In your case it's:
> >
> > make start_httpd
> > perl ./t/TEST -v modules/cgi
> > make kill_httpd
>
> Here is the output from that:
>
>  /usr/local/src/mod_perl-1.26> # make start_httpd
> ../apache_1.3.20/src/httpd -f `pwd`/t/conf/httpd.conf -X -d `pwd`/t &
> httpd listening on port 8529
> will write error_log to: t/logs/error_log
> letting apache warm up...\c
> done
> /usr/local/src/mod_perl-1.26> # perl ./t/TEST -v modules/cgi
> modules/cgi.........module CGI is installed
> 1..5
> ok 1
> ok 2
> ok 3
> ok 5
> FAILED test 4
>         Failed 1/5 tests, 80.00% okay
> Failed Test  Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of failed
> modules/cgi.t                 5    1  20.00%  4
> Failed 1/1 test scripts, 0.00% okay. 1/5 subtests failed, 80.00%
> okay.
>  /usr/local/src/mod_perl-1.26> # make kill_httpd
> kill `cat t/logs/httpd.pid`
> rm -f t/logs/httpd.pid
> rm -f t/logs/error_log

yeah, that's what I saw.

> > > The only thing I have NOT done is installed Perl 5.6.1, which both
> > > Bundle::CPAN and Bundle::Apache tried to install.  Is this necessary
> > > for this to work?  Perl 5.00503 is on the box already.  I was not
> > > planning to upgrade Perl at this time.
>
> Is there any way to avoid starting to install Perl 5.6.1 when you
> install Bundle::Apache or Bundle::CPAN?

Yes and no. Newer CPAN.pm doesn't fetch 5.6.1 in most cases. I think it
only does that if you ask for Data::Dumper and even then it asks whether
you want to do that. May be that's not the case with Bundle::

> > you can always do:
> > cpan> force install mod_perl
> > to ignore the results of tests. Of course it's a good thing to report
> > a bug and solve it.
>
> What would the side effects be to doing this, if there is a problem
> with CGI.pm?

No problems. CGI v3.x is in alpha stage. Get the 2.x version and you will
be fine (and all the tests will pass too).

> IN any case, thanks for the help and direction.

You are very welcome :)

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/