> What CGI.pm version are you using?
> perl -MCGI -le 'print $CGI::VERSION'

Version 3.02.  Is there a way to go back to an earlier version, if that
will take care of this problem?  It was installed by either
Bundle::CPAN or Bundle::Apache - I have installed both of these
recently.

> i think I've seen the same problem with v 3.02 which unfortunately
> gets installed by CPAN shell.
>
> In any case, when you have a problem with some test you should post
> the output of the verbose run. In your case it's:
>
> make start_httpd
> perl ./t/TEST -v modules/cgi
> make kill_httpd

Here is the output from that:

 /usr/local/src/mod_perl-1.26> # make start_httpd
../apache_1.3.20/src/httpd -f `pwd`/t/conf/httpd.conf -X -d `pwd`/t &
httpd listening on port 8529
will write error_log to: t/logs/error_log
letting apache warm up...\c
done
/usr/local/src/mod_perl-1.26> # perl ./t/TEST -v modules/cgi
modules/cgi.........module CGI is installed
1..5
ok 1
ok 2
ok 3
ok 5
FAILED test 4
        Failed 1/5 tests, 80.00% okay
Failed Test  Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of failed
modules/cgi.t                 5    1  20.00%  4
Failed 1/1 test scripts, 0.00% okay. 1/5 subtests failed, 80.00%
okay.
 /usr/local/src/mod_perl-1.26> # make kill_httpd
kill `cat t/logs/httpd.pid`
rm -f t/logs/httpd.pid
rm -f t/logs/error_log

> > The only thing I have NOT done is installed Perl 5.6.1, which both
> > Bundle::CPAN and Bundle::Apache tried to install.  Is this necessary
> > for this to work?  Perl 5.00503 is on the box already.  I was not
> > planning to upgrade Perl at this time.

Is there any way to avoid starting to install Perl 5.6.1 when you
install Bundle::Apache or Bundle::CPAN?

> you can always do:
> cpan> force install mod_perl
> to ignore the results of tests. Of course it's a good thing to report
> a bug and solve it.

What would the side effects be to doing this, if there is a problem
with CGI.pm?

IN any case, thanks for the help and direction.

-- Jonathan