well, I can see the flaw in this already - it won't work if you connect to
more than one database, using more than one userid, etc.

but for a single connection it may work ok, otherwise you would have to
follow the algorithm in Apache::DBI to get the $Idx for your connection and
delete that key...

anyway, HTH

--Geoff