> However, now my logs are loaded with  a ton of subroutine redefined
warnings
> (which is normal I suppose?).  I can certainly live with this in a
> development environment, but thought I would check to see if it is
expected,
> and if it can be turned off while still enabling Reload.

Well, first of all, you will want to turn off Apache::Reload during
production.  All of those stat()'s will slow down your server speed
significantly, as the disk is kept busy for each request.

Secondly, how is it you view your logs?  I have a window running tail -f
with a grep filter:

tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log | egrep -v
'redefined.at|Apache::Reload|AuthenCache'

This way, I get the "best of both worlds," by ignoring the noise:

# use constant SIGNATURE => 'TSTAT';
Constant subroutine SIGNATURE redefined at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/constant.pm line 175.

# One of my module's subroutines.. there are 15 of these
Subroutine test_handler redefined at /etc/httpd/lib/perl/Stat/Count.pm line
315

I have AuthenCache in my filter because at LogLevel debug,
Apache::AuthenCache is *noisy*!!

HTH!

L8r,
Rob