Thanks for that. However, I've already seen this. The problem is that I'm
requesting pages at:

http://my.server.com/perl/blah.pl

and also

https://my.server.com/perl/blah.pl

Now these should be different scripts, and Apache is set up with a
completely different document and perl root for the http and https
servers. Unfortunately, these still get confused, even with the
NameWithVirtualHost code. Hence, I thought of hacking the .pm files to
include the server port as well as the name in the uniquely generated
namespace.

Any other ideas??

Yours,

Chris Rodgers