I have been tasked with re-designing our Sun Server.  As it sits right
now, it's basically hosed it's a conglomeration of patches, bailing
twine, duct tape and whatnot.

We are running a Sun Ultra10 with an Ultra SCSI array, Solaris 2.6 the
latest Apache, Perl, and JDK.  We have installed ModPerl 1.2.5 and
various and sundry packages and libraries.

Whet I am planning to do is wipe out the drives and start with a fresh
install of the OS.

It looks as if we will be going with Solaris 8

What I am looking for is advise and recommendations for:

Configurations for this server (Sun, Ultra 10, Solaris8 [what else])

New Server (Make, Model, OS, etc)

Any other advice you can recommend

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul